14. Gather socks, t-shirts, towels, and linens to use as free packing supplies. Wrapping water glasses in dish towels? Why didn’t we think of that!
15. If you’re moving into an apartment
, find out if there are any moving day requirements.
16. Address minor home repairs before moving out. If you live in an apartment, this might be the difference between getting your security deposit back, or not.
17. If you’re moving cross country, have your vehicles serviced. The last thing you want is to deal with a breakdown mid-move! Or, if your move requires shipping your car
, don’t leave anything in it! Spare tires and jacks might go missing.
18. Measure doorways, stairways, and elevators to make sure all your furniture will fit. Measure twice – move once!
19. Last but not least, pack a little every day. You don’t want to find yourself packing all of your belongings the night before.